Read all instructions carefully in "Note" at the bottom of each verification screen. To complete your KYC, you need to verify:
Mobile Number Verification
When you open the app, you will be able to view the screens that show Zebpay's features and would ask you to proceed further with login. Please follow the below steps for registration on Zebpay app.
- Tap on let's go. The app will ask permission to read IMEI and ISMI Number, tap on Continue.
- Tap on Allow to give permission to make and manage calls.
- First choose your country of residence.
- The country code will auto-populate.
- Enter your mobile number without any preceding zeros and spaces.
- The Verification code screen will come up and you will receive a verification code by SMS.
- The verification code will be read by the application automatically and you have the option of entering the code manually as well.
- If you don't receive the code via SMS, you can also choose to receive a mobile number verification call as well, once the countdown timer ends.
- Tap on Verify once you receive the code.
- Tap on Setup Account PIN to set the PIN.
- Enter any four digits to set your PIN. This is a unique security code known only to you and neither Zebpay nor its affiliates will ever ask you for it.
- Confirm PIN.
- Enter the same four-digit PIN once again to confirm your PIN.
- You can change your PIN at any time, using the Change PIN option in the main menu.
- This is the next step, once you've set up your PIN. This is required as we only communicate with customers through email. For all transactions, you'll receive confirmation through email as well.
- The system will auto-fetch your default email address from the device itself or you can manually enter this yourself.
- Once you're ready, click Save.
- The email status will move to Pending and you'll receive an email verification link on your registered email address.
- Once you verify your email address through the link, your email address is now fully registered with us.
- You can change your registered email address at any time from the profile page in the Profile Menu on the app.
Update your KYC ( Know Your Customer) documents
National ID Proof
- KYC is required to ensure that we're compliant with all laws which are applicable under our countries of operation and you won't be able to use our platform for wallet services, trades, sends/receives and deposit/withdrawals without KYC being done.
- From the app home page, select Update KYC to proceed.
- Select your Nationality and Country of residence by tapping on the respective headers and tap Continue. The country of residence and nationality cannot be changed once updated.
- You can take a photo of the required document or select a saved image from your device as well.
- Click on 'confirm' after uploading the image.
- After uploading your identity proof, your address proof needs to be uploaded.
- You can select any document mentioned on the list as an address proof.
- You can either click a photo of the identity proof or can select an image from their phone storage or gallery
- Tap Confirm after uploading the image.
Once the address proof is uploaded, the final step is to record your verification video, which is a short 5-second video which the app will guide you through.
Record short selfie video while holding your mobile and follow the instructions:
- Keep your face within the ecliptic circle.
- Individually speak out the three unique digits as mentioned in the app.
- Turn your face as per instructions and complete your video.
Guidelines while uploading documents
- The document is valid until the expiry date specified on documents submitted. If expired, the document shall be considered not valid.
- Image of both sides of the document should be uploaded.
- Images should be in color and in high resolution (at least 300 dpi).
- Allowed formats: JPG, PNG.
- File size should not be more than 5 MB.
- Please make sure to update your KYC details in the English language only.
- To record video and upload documents, please allow Zebpay app camera, microphone, and storage access.
- KYC verification will be in pending status after you upload all your documents and update details as required. Only after successful verification, you will be able to approved status.
Only after KYC is verified, you will be able to update and verify your bank details. Here's a step-by-by guide on bank verification.